Tuesday, July 3

Birthday Suits



Ive been pretty alienated with some of the music that I usually really enjoy lately. For example, Page France's "Hello Dear Wind" is one of my favorite records of the last five years, and despite my early excitement for their new record, it is actually kind of a dud. Page France played the entry on Saturday night and while I had every intention to attend the show (even though Page France is nothing special live), in the end I decided instead to attend a gallery opening in which local punk duo "Birthday Suits" headlined. It was amazing. I used to play in a punk band in my high school days and after we broke up I have been drifting away from that scene and that music. Birthday Suits were a breath of fresh air. I was delighted througout their entire set, which must have included 17 songs crammed into 30 minutes. They stopped only once to speak to the crowd stating "This show is awesome. You are awesome. We are awesome." Awesome indeed.

MP3: Birthday Suits-Twin Cities Bridge is Falling

Birthday Suits Myspace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home