Wednesday, June 21

Sufjan picks his next state!



Here we go again, news on which state Sufjan will tackle next, from a new Filter interview. Via Stereogum.

FILTER: Have you found people clamoring for you to write about their state?
SUFJAN STEVENS: It happens all the time. What I find most interesting is that my proposition has inspired all kinds of civic pride all over the U.S. People start telling me anecdotes about their small town or their university, their regional flower festival, or their beauty pageant. There is this sense of pride and ownership; feelings of a stronger identity of where they come from. I think that's interesting, because I never intended this to be about civic pride, but it's inspired a little bit of that all over the country.
FILTER: Do you have a plan as to where you want to go next with the state project?
SUFJAN STEVENS: I finally do, yes. But I probably shouldn't say.

Stream the first quarter of the new B-Sides to Illinois.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he should pick Alabama

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home