Thursday, February 1

Page France



Far too often people ask me, "So who is your favorite band?" This question usually causes me to grumble and search my brain for some sort of answer. It is far to complicated to name my 'favorite band.' For me, music moves and changes to quickly to have one band who I can claim my favorite. This task, however, is FAR easier if you give me a time span to put my favorite music into. With all of that being said, my favorite band of the last 18 months or so has been Page France. Indie pop has taken over my life as of late, and Page France are single handly responsible for this. Their last LP "Hello, Dear Wind" should have ranked on my top ten of 2005 list, but I didn't discover it until this time last year. After numerous tours last year, and the release of two ep's Page France will return with their debut for Suicide Squeeze Records this spring. I can't think of a better season for this band's music either. With the temperature plummeting here in Minnesota, spring cannot bloom soon enough, and to be able to listen to a new Page France record in the process is going to be glorious. "Me, Violin and Dancing Bear" is a promising first listen into their upcoming record, the folk guitar and gentle vocals are nothing new, but the twist at the end is a pleasant surprise. Please take a listen.


MP3: Page France- Me, Violin and Dancing Bear

Page France Myspace
(many more great songs as well as tour dates in your area!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home