Monday, February 5

Andrew Bird



I have a lengthy list of blogs that I frequent daily. One day, about two weeks ago, I found that almost all of the blogs that I visit (and plenty more im sure) had decided to post about Andrew Bird. While I ususally rely on blogs to introduce me to new music, I chose not to download the onslaught of mp3s from Mr. Bird's new record due out in March. Well I finally caved. I now see why EVERY blog and their mom is going nuts over this guy. "Armchair Apocrypha" (produced by minneapolis' own Martin Dosh) is the best record I have heard thus far in 2007 (including Neon Bible!) and is filled with stunning strings and subtle melodies. Andrew's gentle, reassuring voice hovers over each song. Whether he is plucking or bowing his violin, he seems to have it all figured out. Check out "Heretics" and find out for yourself why Andrew deserves the attention he is getting these days.

MP3: Andrew Bird-Heretics

Andrew Bird's Myspace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck you and your Arcade Fire hating ass!!!!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home