Tuesday, February 20

To Live and Die in L.A.



This all began a few weeks ago when my brother, a DJ at WNUR, which is Northwestern University's radio station, showed me the station's 'favorite records of 2006' list. I was somewhat surprised to see that I had never heard of any of top ten bands listed. Number one on the list was "To Live and Die in L.A." a indie rock band out of Portland, Oregon. I decided that I should check up on these guys and I am glad I did. The band writes amazing anthemic songs filled with exciting guitars, soaring backup vocals and twitchy ambient sounds that fill the background. This band won't stay unsigned for long, espeically after their visit to austin for SXSW.


MP3: To Live and Die in L.A.-What We Have Is Now

To Live and Die in L.A. myspace
(Dont miss the incredible Elliot Smith cover)

also, sorry for being gone last week, smu on break means no posting. I swear we wont go that long without talking until april. K? k.

also also, I am quite proud to announce that I have started to write for HowWasTheShow.com! I am going to work my way into more regular writing but for now, here is my first review for them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home